Jason Parr

Showing Remorse By: Jason Parr

I have spent the majority of the last 25 years in and out of prison. Everytime I have had a parole hearing one of the questions was how do I feel about what I have done and are you remorseful. To this day I still cannot explain nor understand how a person can show this emotion Is it a frown or a river of eternal tears? How do one ” show ” Some of my actions may show that I have a desire and determination, to rectify and or make amends for the wrongs of my past, but to actually show it physically, is still beyond me. All I can do is continue to live my life as best as I can and to always show respect and empathy for others. I must say that I am fortunate to have people in my life that help me stay on the right path because it is very easy to revert and pick up old habits or to put walls up that will only hinder my progress in life, so far so good in this effort. If you find this topic interesting or wish to be one of those people who can motivate or encourage me to keep on keeping on, please send your comments to me by using the information listed below.

Jason Parr #A608-600
5900 B.I.S. Rd.
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
or connect with me on j-pay.com

Categories: Jason Parr, remorse

1 reply »

  1. To “show” remorse you could do it in a few different ways. First, acknowledge the pain of the victim. First find your own pain, if you have or ever had any, and explain to the people asking you about remorse is that you know pain is difficult to live with, that you do not like knowing you have inflicted pain on others, and you do not want to hurt anyone (easier said than done sometimes). If you ever suffer from feelings of depression, that may be a way that your are burying your own pain (and anger sometimes goes with pain) and have a hard time feeling the pain of others. You can “show” your remorse by writing a heart felt letter to the judge, or filing a court document called a “Declaaration” to the judge to file in your case, or letters to the family members involved if you are allowed to, or the parole board. If you are having some depression, you can ask the prison doctor for medication to help you think more positive thoughts and start dealing with your own pain and anger from ways that you might have been hurt, too. (As for medication, I recommend Gabapentin). You can tell the parole board that you have posted this question on the internet to engage with people on the issue of repentance and remorse. You can get creative about expressing remorse…but make sure you mean it.


Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s