Below is my “52 Flavors of Mind Dessert,” a compilation of adages on success, virtue, reflection (life and self), media (movie and book), and love (by yours truly). I collect adages from when- and wherever I can: a passing conversation, a movie, a book, religion, and local or international sources. With respect to gaining wisdom and understanding, I deem nothing off limits. Everything accessible to my senses is fair game.
While many of the adages I’ve provided overlap in topic, they differ in terms of context–sports, arts, etc. For example, I’ve selected adages from both Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan, Pablo Picasso and Albert Einstein, and movies and book. This gives the individual a chance to relate to and enjoy adages as he or she best connects!!
FLAVORS OF SUCCESS: 25
01. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky.
02. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan.
03. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. –Alice Walker.
04. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. –Chinese Proverb.
05. The most unprofitable item ever manufactured is an excuse. –Jim Mason.
06. Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm. –Winston Churchill.
07. Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. –Pablo Picasso.
08. You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. –Christopher Columbus.
09. It’s easier to prevent bad habits than to break them. –Benjamin Franklin.
10. There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. –Aristotle.
11. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. –George Addair.
12. When I let go of who I am, I might become what I might be. –Lao Tzu.
13. Visionaries see the impossible as the inevitable. –Robin Sharma.
14. The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! –Marvin Phillips.
15. Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. –Jamie Paolinetti.
16. I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong. –Benjamin Franklin.
17. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. –Albert Einstein.
18. Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs. –Farrah Gray.
19. The few who do are the envy of the many who watch. –Jim Rohn.
20. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible.” –Audrey Hepburn.
21. I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed. –Robert H. Shuller.
22. If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins. –Benjamin Franklin.
23. If you learn from defeat you haven’t really lost. –Zig Ziglar.
24. If you really want to do something you’ll find a way. If you don’t you’ll find an excuse. –Jim Rohn.
25. If you want to be successful faster, you must double your rate of failure. –Brian Tracy.
FLAVORS OF VIRTUE: 09
26. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will not forget how you made them feel. –Maya Angelo.
27. Look for the good in every person in every situation. You’ll almost always find it. –Brian Tracy.
28. Never confuse motion with action. –Benjamin Franklin.
29. Nobody cares about how much you know, until they know how much you care. –Theodore Roosevelt.
30. Other people’s opinions are none of your business. –Robin Sharma.
31. Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. –John Wooden.
32. The best leaders lift people up versus tear them down. –Robin Sharma.
33. If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. –Booker T. Washington.
34. The secret of a man’s success resides in his insight into the moods of people, and his tact in dealing with them. –J.G. Holland.
FLAVORS OF REFLECTION: 13
35. An unexamined life is not worth living. –Socrates.
36. The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer. –John Madden.
37. If you look back at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough –Oprah Winfrey.
38. The value of getting to your goals lives not in reaching the goal but what the talents, strengths, and capabilities the journey reveals to you. –Robin Sharma.
39. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. –Steve Jobs.
40. To double your net worth, double your self worth. Because you will never exceed the height of your self image. –Robin Sharma.
41. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. –Maya Angelo.
42. When one must, one can. –Charlotte Whitton.
43. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. –Jim Rohn.
44. Your daily schedule reflects your deepest values. –Robin Sharma.
45. Noah was an amateur. The Titanic was built by professionals. –Malcolm Allison.
46. I would rather lose in a cause that will some day win than win in a cause that will some day lose! –Woodrow Wilson.
47. Say no to anything that is not a high-value use of your time and your life. –Brian Tracy.
FLAVORS OF MEDIA: 04
48. Strange game. The only winning move is not to play. –War Games.
49. The hardest prisons to escape are those we create for ourselves. –My 600 Pound Life.
50. One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. –Brave New World.
51. Typical of Humans: they scratch the surface and never think to look within. –Avengers: Age of Ultron.
FLAVOR OF LOVE: 01
52. To live higher, love deeper. –J.J. Gamet.
Jacob J. Gamet
Categories: Jacob J. Gamet